- "I WISH I'D KNOWN..." SEMINAR
- Speaker: Prof. Ljiljana Brankovic, The University of New England
- Title: Gamification of STEM courses
- Location: Room V205, Mathematics Building (Callaghan Campus) The University of Newcastle
- Time and Date: 4:00 pm, Thu, 2nd Mar 2017
Gamiﬁcation refers to the use of elements of games in non-game contexts and has been applied in workplace, marketing, health programs and other areas, with mounting evidence of increased interest, involvement, satisfaction and performance of the participants. More recently gamiﬁcation has been emerging as a teaching method that has a great potential to improve students’ motivation and engagement. Gamiﬁcation in education should not be confused with playing educational games, as it only uses concepts such as points, leader boards, etc, rather than computer games themselves. In this talk we describe the gamiﬁcation of a theoretical computer science course we performed in 2014/2015/2016 as well as our experience with two other STEM courses.
- [Permanent link]